Did you know?
- It is 5887 miles (9474 km) from England to the Amazon Rainforests of Brazil.
- The Amazon River Basin is home to the largest rainforest on Earth, roughly the size of the United States.
- The Daintree Rainforest in Australia is over one hundred and thirty-five million years old – the oldest in the world.
1. On a map of the world, draw a dotted line between England and South America and talk about how long it might take and how we might travel there. Click here to access a downloadable version of the image below to use for this activity.
2. Discuss with your class a simple journey from home to school. Can the children draw a pictorial map of their journey? What landmarks do they see on the way?
3. Discuss with your class how Acapella might have made her journey from the rainforest to England. Make up a story with your class about her adventure