The company provides a range of work exploring wellbeing, health and social issues through a variety of different models including theatre-in-health-education tours, drama workshops, peer education projects and training for teachers and health professionals.
At the heart of the company’s issue based work is the creation of a safe, compelling fictional space in which to challenge attitudes and values, practice skills, and gain accurate information.
The company’s work covers areas such as:
- Alcohol awareness: Projects include Bottling It Up, Out of It and the web-based project Bottletop
- Drug awareness: Projects include Gone to Pot and Out of Joint
- Community cohesion, extremism & gangs: Projects include Tapestry and On the edge which focus on extremism, and Ganging up and Gangs and community cohesion workshops which look at gangs and community cohesion.
- Sex and relationships: Projects include Choices, Changes, Holding the Baby and Help, I’ve got a Toddler
- Transitions: Projects include Transitions summer scheme
- Health and wellbeing: Projects include healthy eating programme Fit for a King, and bullying projects No Kidding and Cyberbullying
- English as an Additional Language: EAL and language development workshops
- Family learning: Projects include stroytelling workshops Storybag
- Training and consultancy: A range of training for professionals such as school nurse training and developing a roadshow delivered by school nurses, and consultancy including CAMHS Wellbeing Consultation